Listen Well Scotland Tutors delivered a two-day Effective Listening Foundation Course as a Pilot to eleven student midwife representatives from both Paisley and Hamilton Campus, on the 20th and 21st of October at the Caird Building UWS Hamilton.
The course provided the students with the opportunity to:
· Learn and practice the skills of active listening using a specific approach
· Explore the place of compassion, vulnerability, trust and confidentiality within a listening context
· Recognise the importance of listening for health and wellbeing
· Develop themselves as a listening person
· Consider how to use listening in the future
The students evaluated the course very highly and plan to use the skills learned, in their professional practice, their personal lives and of course as student midwife reps.
Comments from the tutors were that the students were enthusiastic participants who readily embraced the concept of effective listening and a credit to the University
Pictured are some of the students receiving their certificates and also tutors delivering a session.